Sunday 2 June 2013

Le Volume De Chanel

I managed to get my hands on a sample of Le Volume De Chanel Mascara which naturally got me mega excited. I haven't heard much about this mascara so I really didn't know what to expect, but still, it's freakin' Chanel so it's gotta be good, right?

How chic is this packaging?!
Follow me on Instagram!

Straight off the bat I thought I wasn't going to enjoy it because I don't often get along with these plasticy brushes and I much prefer the more bristly ones (like my Maybelline Colossal Volum'). Regardless, I persevered and I was pleasantly surprised!
The formula was quite wet (it may dry up a little over time?) which meant that I had to work with my lashes a little to get them from going clumpy and looking like I had only 5 individual eyelashes. In this sense, it's already a higher maintenance mascara than my regular, but the final results are so worth it.


After a few minutes clarting on with clumps and splodges, this is what I ended up with, with just one coat on my stubby blonde lashes (I very rarely go for seconds). As you can see, I unintentionally ended up with mascara on my eyelid too which I really cannot avoid but this is so much neater than usual, trust me! Does anyone have any tips to prevent this though? 
Despite its pretty impressive staying power, my usual Peaches and Clean cleanser removes every trace of the mascara with no problem, I'm just left with bigger panda eyes halfway through the process!


I don't think I'll be heading down to my nearest Chanel counter anytime soon, but this really is a nice treat which I'm going to savor for the next couple of weeks. I seriously enjoy having lashes which reach to my eyebrows if I try really really hard, and even my boyfriend commented on them which is also a pleasant bonus.
If you want to treat yourself, you can pick a tube up from Boots for £24.

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment